Saturday 15 June 2013

body electric

Off to the cottage today! It is a beautiful day; perfect to welcome the beginning of long-awaited summer vacation. I am so excited to make the most of my two months of freedom.

Anyway, I'm packing and blogging at the same time. The best I can offer today is.. this very long post of tattoos. I should mention that I am not inked myself, and have officially decided to stay that way for the rest of my life. Don't take me the wrong way, either, I think tattoos can be pretty sweet, and they're definitely a great way to express your stories and passions to the world. BUT, I figured that I am content on expressing myself through photographs and journal writing and occasional drawing; plus I don't think I could ever decide what part of my soul I would like to advertise on myself if I had to choose. Finally, I draw on myself with ball point pens often enough haha, why get a permanent tattoo when you can choose a different one everyday, for free?

The only tattoo I might consider would be of Bruce Springsteen's autograph, if I were ever lucky enough to come across such a miracle.

Back to the point of my post.. I wanted to share with you this pile of tattoos that I have collected over some time. Even though I was not exactly looking for tattoo ideas, I still would throw them into my inspiration folder if I loved them enough. I just think some of these are real works of art. So, below are some that I find fantastic all over, or they're unique, or cool, or amazingly detailed. Enjoy!; and let me know what your favourites are.

And a lovely Lana tune to listen to while you're at it.

   



                    





                


    



     





                     



     



    


               

Please note that none of these photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment